The pan-African writing residency of the Documentary BeeHive, from December 7 to 20 in Agadir in parallel with FIDADOC 2020 online.
Organized by the Association of Culture and Education through the Audiovisual, the 8th edition of the Pan African writing residence of FIDADOC’s Documentary BeeHive took place in Agadir, from 7 to 20 December 2020. Second stage of the training program and artistic accompaniment created in 2012 by Agadir International Documentary Film Festival, this writing residency has already hosted more than a hundred projects. Some twenty are now completed, among them two hits of this year's screenings:
- “Mothers” by Myriam Bakir (2012 writing residency in Safi):
Mention of the jury at the Tangier National Film Festival, International premiere at IDFA Amsterdam (Mid-Length Documentary Competition), Grand Prize in the “Mediterranean issues” from PRIMED Marseille .
- "Their Algeria" by Lina Soualem (Writing residency 2017 in Casablanca): World premiere at Visions du Réel (Nyon, Switzerland), Prize for best Arabic documentary at the El Gouna Festival.
This 9th edition hosts 11 authors of a creative documentary project coming from 5 African countries.
> 8 projects candidates for our Documentary Beehive through the website of FIDADOC:
- ADRAR by Hamza AZEROUAL (Morocco)
- DAUGHTER OF THE POOR by Rima KERKEBANE (Algeria)
- FONDOUK by Soumeya AIT AHMED (Morocco)
- MALIKA by Ayoub AÏT BIHI (Morocco)
- LE PEINTRE POSSEDE (IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF ABBES SALADI) by Reda LAHMOUID (Morocco)
- LE TEMPS DES RETROUVAILLES by Raja SADDIKI (Morocco)
- THEIR LANGUAGE by Sarah Mounia KACHIRI (Morocco)
- ZDOUZ by Dounia NIOUF (Morocco)
> 2 projects selected at Durban FilmMart (South Africa, September 04-13, 2020):
- TO BE LOVED by Justin Kpatcha (Togo)
- Talents Durban 2020.
- PAN AFRICA & THE TICKING TIME BOMB by Eva Munyiri (Kenya)
- DFM Documentary selection
> 1 project selected at Ouaga Film Lab (Burkina Faso, November 02-07, 2020):
- LES PETROLIERS by Aboubacar ASSOUMANE (Niger) Totally free for its beneficiaries, this residence is led by 3 seasoned professionals in documentary writing & filmmaking :
author-director Jean-Louis Gonnet (France), critic and professor Ikbal Zalila (Tunisia) and author-director-producer Hicham Falah (Morocco, France).
The program alternates individual meetings and rewriting phases with the aim that each resident completes a first draft of the artistic dossier of her/his film project.
In this very special year, the organization of the residency took place in a hybrid way: physical for 6 of the Moroccan authors, online for the 5 others. The entire group gathered on December 18 for an online plenary session that took place from the Cité de l'Innovation Souss-Massa. We have agreed with the beneficiaries to continue the mentoring for the next 6 months thanks to the support provided by AFAC (Arab Fund for Arts and Culture) as part of the NACP (North Africa Cultural Program), depending on the progress of their project and their needs, through regular individual consultations with their main mentor and group meetings on a monthly basis where transversal matters that concern all authors will be discussed:
search for producers, content and format of application files and teasers requested by the different funds,
etc. ACEA would like to thank warmly the partners which support the FIDADOC Documentary BeeHive and the organization of the current Pan-African Writing Residence: Civil Society of Multimedia Authors (SCAM, Paris), National Center of Cinema and Animated Image (CNC, Paris), French Institute in Morocco (Rabat), French Institute in Paris.
- The head office : , AGADIR