EMERGING Mediterranean Digital Conference: the new event for Tech For Good stakeholders in the Mediterranean
The EMERGING Mediterranean Digital Conference is the final event of the first phase of this Mediterranean start-up acceleration programme. The conference will be broadcast live on the web directly from the Orange Velodrome stadium in Marseille from 2 p.m. to 6.30 p.m. GMT+1 on Monday, December 14, 2020 in order to bring together the biggest stakeholders and experts in Mediterranean innovation and Tech for Good. Sign up on the EMERGING Mediterranean website by clicking the following link: https://tinyurl.com/y6jymouz
The EMERGING Mediterranean programme is the culmination of all the work done during the preparatory forums of the Summit of the Two Shores and is supported by the French Development Agency. The success of the call for applications last month just goes to show how important high-impact Mediterranean start-ups (227 entrepreneurs applied) are to the programme. 10 finalists were selected from the top 30 during the 72- hour Bootcamp of the 2 Shores, a major highlight in the acceleration programme, which was held jointly in Casablanca and Marseille. The 5 winning start-ups will be awarded their prizes during the EMERGING Mediterranean digital conference.
The new event for Tech for Good stakeholders in the Mediterranean
This hybrid edition of EMERGING Mediterranean Digital Conference will have round tables and exclusive interviews over an afternoon to discuss the hot topics that have underpinned the acceleration programme since it arose: financing Tech For Good, entrepreneurial resilience and ecosystems, female entrepreneurship, the rise of e-Health solutions and current issues such as the environment, biodiversity and sustainable cities. The programme is available in the press release below or by simply clicking on the following link: https://emergingmediterranean.co/programmeme-conference-digitale
The event will bring together major Mediterranean stakeholders and Tech experts, including: Karim Amellal, Karim Amellal, Interministerial Delegate for the Mediterranean, Jérémie Pellet, Managing Director of Expertise France, Salwa Toko, President of the National Digital Council, Kenza Lahlou Co-founder and General Partner of Outlierz Ventures, Patricia Ricard, French leader of the Summit of the Two Shores of the Mediterranean, Sarah Toumi, Member of the Presidential Council for Africa and CEO of Acacias For All, Rym Jarou, Managing Director of Smart Tunisia, Sami Agli, President of the Algerian Confederation of Citizen Patronage, and Aissata Lam, President of the Mauritanian Youth Chamber of Commerce, and many, many others. To find out more about the speakers at the Digital Conference: https://emergingmediterranean.co/speakers/
“Our aim is to make this second highlight of the EMERGING Mediterranean programme the new event for decision-makers and Tech For Good stakeholders in the Mediterranean. We are delighted that so many start-upers, entrepreneurs, sponsors, investors, officials, mentors, experts and communities have already got on board with this unprecedented event,” explains Samir Abdelkrim, founder of the EMERGING Mediterranean programme.
“I wholeheartedly endorse the inclusive approach of EMERGING Mediterranean as it aims to help trend-setting Mediterranean entrepreneurs network. The first results of this dynamic initiative have already bolstered entrepreneurship, resilience and Mediterranean Tech For Good”, states Ambassador Karim Amellal, Interministerial Delegate for the Mediterranean.
The full event programme is attached to the press release. Sign up now to watch this conference live at: https://tinyurl.com/y6jymouz/
“The Digital Conference will also be an opportunity for the 10 finalist start-ups of the Bootcamp of the 2 Shores to pitch to a large panel in the hope of becoming one of the 5 winners of the EMERGING Mediterranean programme”, continues Samir Abdelkrim.
The 10 finalist start-ups of the EMERGING Mediterranean programme
Here are the ten start-ups competing in the EMERGING Mediterranean programme:
▪ From Morocco: My Tindy, a marketplace specialising in African handicraft; CloudFret, a freight platform that optimises returning empty freight trucks between the two shores of the Mediterranean.
▪ From Tunisia: Kyto-Prod, an innovative Biotech company; Ahmini, a platform that helps women in rural areas gain access to social security coverage and pay social contributions online
▪ From Algeria: Brenco Engineering & Consulting, a chatbot dedicated to providing information about, preventing and detecting Covid; YSA MED TECH, an application and patented electromagnetic treatment for chronic pain
▪ From Mauritania: Smart System Services, waste collection; DAADOO VDP, recycling plastic waste into construction materials.
▪ From Libya: Green Paradise, for organic and eco-friendly farming; Speetar, a telemedicine platform.
These fledgling companies will pitch their solutions to all the participants. The final panel that will choose the 5 winners of the EMERGING Mediterranean programme is comprised of: Isadora Bigourdan (Senior Business Manager at the French Development Agency), Aissata Lam (President and Co-founder of the Mauritanian Youth Chamber of Commerce), Rym Jarou (CEO of Smart Tunisia), Mehdi Alaoui (Founder and CEO of LaStartupFactory) and Sami Agli (President of the Algerian Confederation of Citizen Patronage CAPCAlgeria).
Each winner will be awarded the following:
▪ A seven-thousand-euro seed grant (€7000)
▪ A high-level visibility boost
▪ A place on the highly sought-after Social & Inclusive Business Camp acceleration programme
▪ Expenses paid for their trip to Marseille (transport and accommodation) for the annual EMERGING Valley Summit + Full Access to the investor meetings
▪ Participating in Mediterranean Digital Dialogues
▪ Meetings with leading partners at the next Summit of the Two Shores of the Mediterranean